Grand Manoeuvre Paper Strength 6mm ACW Armies
Two American Civil War Armies; Both armies Union & Confederates.
Only available as a PDF download.
42 files in total, the armies include: infantry, skirmishers, cavalry, dismounted cavalry with horse-holders, artillery (limbered & deployed), zouaves, flags, generals and ADCs.
1. ACW Union Infantry in Kepis
2. ACW Union Infantry in Slouch Hats
3. ACW Union Colored Troops
4. ACW Union Infantry in Kepi Skirmishing
5. ACW Union Infantry in Slouch Hats Skirmishing
6. ACW Zoauves 1 – blue coats, red pants
7. ACW Zoauves 2 – blue coats, sky blue pants
8. ACW Zoauves 3 – blue coats, white pants
9. ACW Zoauves 4 – sky blue coats, sky blue pants
10. ACW Zouaves Skirmishing – blue coats
11. ACW Union Cavalry in Kepis
12. ACW Union Cavalry in Slouch Hats
13. ACW Union Dismounted Cavalry in Kepis
14. ACW Union Dismounted Cavalry in Slouch Hats
15. ACW Union 6pdr Medium Artillery
16. ACW Union 12pdr Heavy Artillery
17. ACW Union Four-Horse Gun Teams
18. ACW Union Six-Horse Gun Teams
19. ACW Union Brigade Generals & ADC`S
20. ACW Union Divisional & Corps Generals
21. ACW Union Army Generals
22. ACW Union Flags & Regimental Colours
1. ACW Confederate Infantry in Kepis
2. ACW Confederate Infantry in Slouch Hats
3. ACW Confederate Infantry on Campaign
4. ACW Confederate Infantry in Kepi Skirmishing
5. ACW Confederate Infantry in Slouch Hats Skirmishing
6. ACW Zoauves 5 – Louisiana Tigers
7. ACW Confederate Cavalry in Kepis
8. ACW Confederate Cavalry in Slouch Hats
9. ACW Confederate Dismounted Cavalry in Kepis
10. ACW Confederate Dismounted Cavalry in Slouch Hats
11. ACW Confederate 6pdr Medium Artillery
12. ACW Confederate 12pdr Heavy Artillery
13. ACW Confederate Four-Horse Gun Teams
14. ACW Confederate Six-Horse Gun Teams
15. ACW Confederate Brigade Generals & ADC`S
16. ACW Confederate Divisional & Corps Generals
17. ACW Confederate Army Generals
18. ACW 1st National Flag of the Confederate States
19. ACW Confederate Battle Flag
20. ACW 2nd National Flag of the Confederate States
ACW Unit Dimensions
Skirmishing Infantry 46x5mm
Mounted Cavalry 19x7mm
Cavalry horse holders 19x7mm
Dismounted Cavalry 23x5mm
Limbered Artillery 37x10mm
Artillery guns and crew deployed 10x17mm
Notes on paper army unit construction
I use standard 80g copier paper for my paper units.
After cutting, I fold the units using the end a finger nail – it gives a crisp edge to the folds.
Once cut, the tiny scissor-cut nicks in the paper make folding easier, so it’s alright if you cut a tiny bit beyond the line. I don`t score the fold lines at all – even for artists` cartridge paper which is 130gsm – thicker papers may need scoring.
As the parts are small, slight variations in folding can offset the model a bit and make the fit a bit tight, so sometimes clipping the corners off the flaps that slide into the paper cubes will make it easier to assemble. Before gluing, I do a dry run without the glue to check if I’ve folded the piece correctly.
PVA glue remains wet for a little while so one is able to slide the flaps together once. I also use the handle end of my glue brush on the inside of the block to finally press the paper together firmly. After practice this all becomes easier.